Worship Administrative Assistant
Provide administrative support for the Worship Department. Perform general office functions and related work as required. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Worship Pastor.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide support to the Worship Pastor and staff, including but not limited to assisting with time sheets, credit card expense reports, scheduling, appointments and communication on behalf of the Worship Pastor.
- Communicate to Worship and Production Dream Team general information pertaining to entire team.
- Will be representative on behalf of the Worship Department in church-wide related needs and meetings.
- Coordinate departmental budget under supervision of the Worship Pastor.
- Oversee entering of departmental receipts into Nexonia, watching placement of funds in department budget, approval of department employees’ monthly expense reports and creating check requests for payments or reimbursements as needed.
- Oversee renewal payments for department’s licenses – currently CCLI Multi-Site, Rehearse License, and Song Select.
- Maintain department calendar system ensuring complete information is available for all matters.
- Use JRC calendar management software (currently eSpace) to coordinate room reservations as it relates to weekly rehearsals, events, meetings, practicum, etc.
- Approve Worship Conference Room reservations in eSpace and maintain the Worship Conference Room calendar as it pertains to outside meetings.
- Manage general email and phone correspondence to and from the department. This includes developing and maintaining a system which provides high quality and timely service.
- Manage office supplies, taking the initiative to maintain quota of office supplies.
- Compose office documents using Microsoft Office and other like software.
- Maintain overall atmosphere of the Worship & Production offices. This includes cleanliness of the department, cleanliness of the Worship Conference Room, adequate supplies for office visitors (tissues, pens, etc.), and a productive work atmosphere.
- Participate in and provide support in staff meetings (church wide and departmental) as required.
- Work alongside Worship Dream Team Coordinator on projects pertaining to the Worship department.
- Provide direction to the Dream Team Coordinator given from the Worship Pastor in regards to the weekly Worship roster on Planning Center Online.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Priority will be given to decorum and etiquette that promotes civility, good manners and kindness in contact with people.
EVENTS & PROJECTS
- Provide support and/or assistance to departmental staff, included but not limited to Worship Pastor, Production Creative Director, and Production/Technical Director; may include duties outside of normal office hours.
- Ensure timelines and due dates are met for completion of projects.
- Assist Worship Pastor in execution of Worship Leader Dinners.
- In conjunction with Pastoral Care office, work to coordinate wedding and funeral musicians as needed. Once notified of the need for support a funeral becomes priority for the Worship office.
- Execute vision of Team Night under the direct supervision of the Worship and Production Administrator.
- Assist Worship and Production Administrator with Team Night budget, recruitment of volunteers, First Time Guests Booth & gifts, atmosphere, ordering of food and drinks, food and drink set up and order of service on Planning Center Online.
- It is the goal of the assistant to carry out any vision the Worship and Production Administrator has for Team Night and to meet any needs of the night.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment.
- Intermediate level skill on personal computer using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Project Microsoft Explorer. A demonstrated aptitude to learning new computer software program.
- An aptitude for learning and using electronic office equipment including a cell phone, electronic controls on machines such as a copy machine, fax machine, and computer networked devices.
- Communicate in an effective and professional manner- orally and written.
- Skill in taking and transcribing dictation, accurately and with reasonable speed, of a variety of materials, including statements, minutes, correspondence, reports, and other material.
- Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
Training & Experience
- Two (2) years of administrative and general clerical experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life, including communicating and sharing with your spouse, as well as spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.