This employee shall be dedicated to the Safety and Security of James River staff and visitors utilizing public relations skills to ensure a welcoming environment, should administer rules and regulations in a friendly and courteous manner, while promoting the mission of James River Church, to ‘Reach the Lost’. They will follow church safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions to appropriate department, while maintaining confidentiality and protecting facility assets.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- · Monitor entrance and exit – all persons gaining entrance to the building.
- · Maintain log in and log out sheets as requested.
- · Display excellent customer (Red Carpet) relations.
- · Assist the Early Childhood/Preschool department with needs.
- · Maintain James River Church security policies.
- · Document all incidents with a detailed report including photos if needed.
- · Notify police, fire or medical as needed.
- · Notify appropriate JRC Staff of emergency or urgent situations or of persons with questionable intent.
- · Assist with emergency situations within or on the campus facility.
- · Provide daily activity reports on all incidents within the day.
- · Ensure clothing and appearance is clean and professional.
- · Maintain data entry and volunteer (Dream Team) data, emails, new Dream Team placement, team communication with leaders.
- · Maintain CPR/First Aid/AED and other medical certificates as requested
- · Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- · Ability to get along well with others as well as handle confrontational matters in a professional and Christ-like manner.
- · Manage time and priorities appropriately.
- · Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in a variety of situations.
- · Speak clearly. Talk to others to convey information effectively.
- · Active listening. Give full attention to what other people are saying, take time to understand points being made, and ask questions for understanding without interrupting.
- · Critical Thinking. Use logic and reason to determine possible outcome or conclusions.
- · Use good judgement.
- · Possess computer skills including word processing and schedule keeping.
- · Must be punctual, pleasant and tactful with professional appearance and conduct.
- · Must maintain confidentiality.
- · May be required to sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- · Able to climb, lift, carry, bend, twist, and pull.
- · Ability to interact positively with and provide service to others at all levels within JRC.
- · Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, business professionals and the general public.
- · Exhibit, honesty, integrity, responsibility and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- · Must have strong analytical skills.
Required Training & Experience
- Two (2) years of work experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be POST certified or have security experience on the JRC Security Team
- Must have clean driving record. Any previous driving violations must be reviewed and approved.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.