North Campus Youth Coordinator/Admin Assistant
Department: Youth Ministries
The North Campus coordinator is to work closely with James River Youth campus pastor to implement and execute ministry as it relates to logistics, set-up, Dream Team support and communication, service elements, Life Groups, and administration. Will assist the campus pastor by providing leadership to Dream Team members.
This position will be full-time for our North Campus.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow-up calls/emails pertaining to James River Youth – North Campus.
- Leader assignments and confirmation for weekly services.
- 6.8 & 9.12 Life Groups: Attendance, leader rosters, supplies, etc.
- Service prep and supplies.
- Oversight to Youth Merch & apparel, Café supplies maintained and organized, make weekly deposits to Accounting.
- Oversee and coordinate set-up needs for each service as needed.
- Ensure café is adequately stocked including money box, food items, signage.
- Manage games in the venue keeping them organized and set-up for services.
- Recruit, train, and develop a team to assist for set-up and tear-down of venues.
- Must show excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate vision / inspiration to their team.
- Follow up with leaders not in attendance on a Sunday and Wednesday.
- Maintain database and Planning Center with all current Dream team.
- Prepare rosters out a month at a time and make weekly adjustments as needed.
- Assist the Youth Campus Pastor with recruitment and ongoing training/development of Sunday and Wednesday Youth Dream Team.
6TH-8TH GRADE FUNCTIONS
- Provide primary oversight to Wednesday night 6.8 lifegroups.
- Build an effective leadership team of 6.8 lifegroup coaches.
- Recruit, Train, and Place 6.8 life group leaders.
- Lead 6.8 breakaways per direction of the campus pastor.
- Communicate 6.8 lifegroup plans to leaders.
- Monitor overall health and vitality of life groups and leaders, including multiplication of groups as needed.
- Assist campus pastor by overseeing Dream Team assignments.
- Youth representative for Grow Track .
- Lead Team Huddles per direction of campus pastor.
- Administration of in-service elements – will facilitate and oversee items in relation to attendance emails, offerings, weekly reports and VIP attendance.
- Train new leaders and implement them into the ministry.
- Must be able to handle discipline issues and confrontational situations with an abundance of wisdom and grace and interact with parents/guardians and leaders in a professional manner.
- Liaison between youth ministry and other departments when necessary, i.e. contacting facilities when there is an issue, contact first responders’ team with medical issues, etc.
- Provide administrative leadership to the James River Youth budget as it relates to weekly management and maintenance.
- Ensure that the YTD Budget is up to date and assist North Campus Pastor and leadership team with decision making by providing real-time budget status and overview.
- Process Credit Card statements / invoices / reimbursements for James River Youth.
- Proper coding of entries into Intact financial system
- Assist the Campus Pastor with oversight of tracking expenses involved in large events
- Function as liaison to Accounting/HR as it relates to all areas regarding financial statements/Nexonia/Intacct
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must have a heart for students.
- Ability to effectively communicate with volunteers and parents.
- Must be a “team player” with those within the office and church as a whole.
- Must be detailed but also able to carry out the vision for the department.
- Must be able to lead with enthusiasm and positivity.
Code of Conduct and Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.