Motion Designer & Filmmaker
Department: Creative Team
As the Motion Designer/Filmmaker for our Creative Team at James River Church, you will create works that inspire and inform audiences to grow in their personal faith.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- · Shoot and edit videos as needed.
- · Create graphics/animations for videos used during weekly services and special events.
- · Produce screen visuals for all events and Sunday morning content.
- · Specialty design and animation for event openers, etc.
- · Assist in producing a variety of videos, including promotional pieces for social media, highlights, and behind the scenes videos.
- · All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Cinema4D and other 3D applications
- Expert-level proficiency of common graphic design and motion tools
- Willingness to learn, grow in skill set, and remain flexible
- Passionate about the Gospel and motivated in building the local church
- High attention to detail
- Great time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Exceptional communication skills
Training & Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in video production (shooting and editing with Adobe Premiere)
- 2+ years’ experience with After Effects and third-party plugins
- Film degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Examples of work available online (please include link in “key strengths” section or on resume)
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.