Work closely with the Maintenance Supervisor in the day-to-day maintenance needs of James River Facilities.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Working knowledge of the following systems: HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, General Construction, and Irrigation Systems
- Demonstrate a basic ability of how to read and understand Blue Prints
- Possess effective human relations and communications skills in order to work proactively with staff and the community
- Able to understand oral and written instructions and follow same as required
- Capable of performing duties as assigned, including but not limited to, the ability to lift 80 pounds
- Ability to read and correctly interpret SDS (Safety Data Sheets)
- Experience in building maintenance, construction, automotive repair is helpful
- Be available as needed for any Sunday emergency situation
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, and the general public
- 24 hour availability for snow removal
- Available for approximately 10 hours of overtime per week during Special Events.
- Required availability for All Church Events including, but not limited to the following: Easter, Stronger Men’s Conference, DFL, and A James River Christmas.
- Vacation requests up to 6 weeks prior to the Designed for Life Women’s Conference are not permitted without special permission
- Follow work plans & checklist as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor to accomplish the objectives and goals for the Facilities maintenance needs
- Responsibilities include the routine maintenance of all buildings, grounds, church owned vehicles, all related equipment, systems, and supplies
- Ability to lift 80 lbs
- Walk quickly and up to a minimum of 10 miles a day
- Ability to distinguish colors
- Ability to work outside for extended amount of time in all seasons for landscaping, flower care, and snow removal
- Assist Supervisor with all regular inspections, certifications, and records required by State and Local Governments, including OSHA, and verify are maintained and up-to-date
- Receives and tracks work orders
- Maintains records related to maintenance, preventative maintenance, and special projects
- Special Events – Responsible to assist in event site setup and tear down and other essential functions as directed by Facilities Manager
- Work hours scheduled to be 40 hours on a regular week. Availability necessary from 6:00am to 9:00pm on any given day will be required. Schedule will be given two weeks in advance. Required to work one Sunday & Wednesday Service per month. There will be mandatory overtime during events.
- Ability to understand and keep current: Facility Maintenance Logs, Checklist & Daily work log.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.