Lead Graphic Designer
Department: Creative Services
As the Lead Graphic Designer, you’ll work within the Creative Team to build engagement and create atmosphere through visual and print media. You’ll help concept and create content that builds the platform of James River Church in our mission to the reach the lost.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Find new and improved ways to market content through media.
- Lead the design team in creating and developing design solutions for assigned print, multimedia, and electronic pieces.
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing team to set the stylistic and artistic direction of advertising and ensure branding continuity.
- Possess a creative, imaginative aptitude and awareness of current trends in the visual arts.
- Build and develop relationships with vendors for use by church-wide departments as required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Expert-level proficiency of common graphic design tools and software
- High level understanding and passion for marketing.
- Very high attention to detail
- Great time management skills & ability to work under pressure
- Exceptional communication skills
- Performs other related duties as assigned and required.
Required Training & Experience
- 4+ years of professional graphic design experience.
- *Portfolio available online*
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.