Grow Track Coordinator
Department: Next Steps
To work closely with the Next Steps Director to provide oversight for all aspects of assimilation for volunteers at James River Church. Lead and assess the ongoing process and function of all areas of assimilation including but not limited to Grow Track Classes, Newcomer’s Dinner, Dream Team placement, and membership.
Essential Functions & Job Duties
- 1. Provide oversight for preparation and set-up of all Grow Track classes.
- 2. Provide oversight to ensure quality control and campus uniformity during all Grow Track gatherings, including but not limited to atmosphere, check-in, refreshments, time management, and Dream Team assignments.
- 3. Coordinate the weekly Dream Team roster for Grow Track classes and communicate with Dream Team members on their service time schedule.
- 4. Work with all James River Church department to have trained Dream Team representatives available for Step Four at all campuses.
- 5. Provide weekly status and tracking of Grow Track classes.
- 6. Follow-up with Grow Track attendees to support completion of classes.
- 7. Provide oversight of the interview plan and follow-up with all Grow Track graduates.
- 8. Provide oversight to the organization and processing of Grow Track applications.
- 9. Notify Dream Teams of those approved to serve and oversee contact of each team member to ensure they are being notified in a timely manner.
- 10. Notify Adult Ministries of those interested in Life Groups or pastor contact.
- 11. Send correspondence to new visitors, as received from Contact Management Assistant, inviting to Newcomer’s Dinner and Grow Track.
- 12. Assist with welcome and Grow Track events as directed.
- 12. Assist and coordinate with the Next Steps Director on projects and tasks as needed.
- 1. Proficiency in office procedures, computer skills relating to word processing, database and spreadsheet management, and online research.
- 2. Excellent communication skills, including English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- 3. Demonstrate high standards of honesty, integrity, and responsibility.
- 4. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals, JRC volunteers and the general public.
- 5. Exhibit a Christ-like attitude and servant spirit.
Code of Conduct and Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff members are considered leaders and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life.
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.