Filmmaker/Video Announcements Producer
Department: Creative Team
As the Filmmaker/Video Announcements Producer for our Creative Team at James River Church, you will create works that inspire and inform audiences to grow in their personal faith.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- · Shoot and edit videos as needed.
- · Produce our weekly video announcements, including writing scripts, shooting, editing, and post-production.
- · Produce a variety of videos including promotional pieces for the video announcements and online media outlets.
- · Assist in producing a variety of videos, including promotional pieces for social media, highlights, and behind the scenes videos.
- · Manage the technical aspects of a video set including professional handling of cameras, confidently rigging lighting, and help create sets in pre-production.
Required Training & Experience
- · 2+ years experience in video production (shooting and editing with Adobe Premiere)
- · Examples of work available online
- · On-set experience
- · Energetic and fun-loving
- · Willingness to learn, grow in skill set, and remain flexible
- · Passionate about the Gospel and motivated in building the local church
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- · Film degree or equivalent experience
- · Very high attention to detail
- · Great time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- · Exceptional communication skills
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.