Executive Administrative Assistant to Chief Operations Officer
The Executive Administrative Assistant to the Chief Operations Officer at James River Church will assist the COO by performing project coordination and administrative duties.
Departments within the purview of the Chief Operations Officer include: accounting, administration, food service, facilities, fitness center, human resources, information technology, missions, retreat center, risk management and construction; and the James River Charities, LLC.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Coordinate operations projects as assigned by the COO.
- Receive and process phone calls, mail, emails, faxes, etc.
- Maintain general office files.
- Process monthly expense reports and invoices related to the department.
- Take and distribute minutes, correspondence, reports, etc.
- Schedule meetings and maintain COO’s calendar through Microsoft Outlook.
- Support the office of the Lead Pastor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of general office methods and procedures (filing, telephone, office equipment).
- Knowledge of English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to work with accounting procedures and general business operations.
- Strong computer skills for administration, particularly Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, orally and in writing.
- Discernment and initiative with problem solving and project coordination, and confidentiality in all matters.
- Office organization skills.
- Exhibit good judgment, honestly, integrity, responsibility and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
Required Training & Experience
- Associates degree is preferred
- Five (5) years of administrative experience preferred
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.