Elementary Dream Team/Service Experience Coordinator
To provide administrative support to the South Campus Elementary Director during Sunday and Wednesdays services, as well as special events. Serve in the role of Dream Team Coordinator for South Campus. Leading week 4 of Grow Track and leading orientation for new Dream Team. Coordinating new dream team first day experience. Provide floor leadership for Sundays and Wednesdays. Assist with the coordination of special events including but not limited to: camp, Easter, October 31st Party, Christmas events involving James River Kids.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
FLOOR SET-UP & ATMOSPHERE
- Prior to Sunday and Wednesday ensure all Elementary areas are ready for guests.
- Follow-up with calendar items and activities that would be outside of Large Group and Small Group. Examples of these would be:
- Registration for kid-specific activities (i.e. camp, JBQ).
- Parent connections outside of the room (i.e. Salvation Celebration, hands-on activities).
- Be aware of all events and activities happening during any given service.
- Ensure that greeters are informed and areas are covered.
- Rotate through each area on Sundays/Wednesdays per direction of the Campus Director.
- Ensure all guest service areas are hosted, and service ready.
LARGE GROUP EXPERIENCE
- Teach in venues as assigned by the Campus Director and Large Group Coordinator.
- Provide feedback to stage teams.
- Provide ongoing feedback to Elementary Director.
- Available to teach at other campuses/venues as needed.
- Work closely with the Large Group Experience Coordinator to ensure all supplies are ready for services.
SMALL GROUP EXPERIENCE
- Have a thorough understanding of what is taking place in in Small Group time for services.
- Provide coaching and feedback to small group leaders as needed.
- Work closely with venue coordinators and provide assistance/direction as needed.
- Follow up with first time guests
- Send out postcards/emails
- Ongoing process of creating a wow experience for all guests
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must exhibit good organizational and management skills.
- Ability to operate unsupervised; must be self-motivated.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity and punctuality.
- Attitude of hospitality and excellence in all you do, whether dealing with supervising personnel, coworkers, or visiting churches.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and equipment.
- Correct usage of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Must be a “team player” in all relationships within the office and church as a whole.
- Exhibit confidentiality and discretion when dealing with all ministry matters.
- Must be able to deal with emergencies and security issues in a calm and confidential manner.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.