Work closely with the Building Support Supervisor in day-to-day set up and tear down of events held at James River Church facilities, as well as any other duties as assigned. Responsibility consists of all aspects of maintaining the overall appearance and cleanliness of all JRC campuses.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- To create work plans necessary to accomplish objectives and goals as agreed upon by the Building Support Supervisor
- Communicate with a contract Day Porter as need arises
- Basic knowledge of operation and maintenance of custodial equipment
- Involved in ordering and maintaining inventory of custodial supplies as directed by the Building Support Supervisor
- Involved in maintaining inventory records of Building Support assets & materials as directed by the Building Support Supervisor
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of maintenance hall, tools, supplies, and other work areas as directed by the Building Support Supervisor
- Have a working knowledge of the Church Calendar and work closely with the Calendar Coordinator
- Provide support for event set-up and tear-down, including large Special Events, as noted in the Church Calendar and directed by the Building Support Supervisor
- Maintain and update all assigned daily and weekly checklists and reports as directed by the Building Support Supervisor
- Oversee locking and arming the building when necessary
- Available to work 6am to 9pm 7 days a week. Notification of schedule will be given 2 weeks in advance
- Special Events are to be noted as “all hands-on deck” and can be expected
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- One years’ experience related to working knowledge of methods, equipment, and materials used in all aspects of custodial care and building support.
- Possess effective human relations and communication skills in order to work proactively with staff, congregation, and community.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to clearly understand, interpret, and execute both oral and written instructions as given by the Building Support Supervisor.
- Capable of performing all duties as assigned by Building Support Supervisor.
- Ability to read and correctly interpret SDS (Safety Data Sheets)
Code of Conduct and Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.