Breakfast Host for Early Childhood Dream Team Hub
Department: Early Childhood
To work closely with the Early Childhood (EC) Coordinator in assuming the primary responsibility of the weekly management of assigned area. Responsible for planning, organizing and preparing food for EC Dream Teamers on Sundays, as well as monitoring stock of EC supplies. Responsible to host, encourage and spread joy to volunteers serving in the Early Childhood area.
This position will be for the South Campus.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Create an encouraging & uplifting environment for Early Childhood Dream Teamers
- Oversee atmosphere, cleanliness and maintenance of EC Dream Team Hub
- Plan and organize Sunday snacks for EC Dream Team Hub
- Responsible to communicate monthly menu to EC Coordinator South Campus
- Organize current VBR inventory; monitor to avoid duplicate purchasing
- Submit list to EC Purchaser of all supplies to be purchased for EC Dream Team Hub
- Prepare and serve snacks in EC Dream Team Hub every Sunday
- Prepare and serve coffee and water in EC Dream Team Hub every Sunday
- Ensure that the EC Dream Team Hub is adequately staffed to host Dream Teamers during all Sunday morning services
- Ensure that EC Dream Team Hub is cleaned and left in good working order after all Sunday morning services
- Prepare and serve meal in EC Dream Team Hub for special Saturday night services (Christmas & Easter)
- Keep EC Coordinator South Campus informed
- Ability to receive and maintain a food handler’s license
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals and the general public
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in dealing with people
- Manage regular responsibilities in order to have time reserved for departmental events
- Expected to participate in the following activities:
- Easter Egg Hunt & Easter Sunday activities
- October 31st Party
- · In the event of absences or vacations, responsibilities must be covered.
- · Absences are not to exceed four Sundays a year.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.