Assistant LIVE Video Director
Department: Live Production
To work with the Video Director in all aspects of live video production in all venues within the church and outside the church (whenever necessary). Assumes primary responsibility for video directing weekly services in the main auditoriums and special events as determined by the Producer and Video Director. Actively involved in the recruitment and training of volunteers who serve in the various venues within the church. This includes training volunteers as video directors, technical directors, video engineers, and camera operators.
Essential Functions & Job Duties
- 1. To be the director for weekly services in the main auditoriums.
- 2. Assist with editing service for broadcast television.
- 3. White balance and color chart cameras as needed.
- 4. To facilitate training for new video volunteers in the main auditoriums and James River Youth.
- 5. To train volunteers in the roles of director, technical director, engineer, and camera operator.
- 6. Before and after each production make sure video equipment is powered on, in working order, and powered off.
- 7. Verify that all video equipment is stored safely after every production.
- 8. To work with Video Director to ensure weekly service videos are made available for streaming on the Online Campus, for posting to jamesriver.org, and for reproduction by the resources team.
- 9. Assist in all areas of production.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong Knowledge in Adobe suite programs such as, Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects.
- Strong knowledge in switcher operation.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment.
- Intermediate level skill on personal computer using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Explorer. A demonstrated aptitude to learning new computer software program.
- Communicate in an effective and professional manner- orally and written.
- Skill in taking and transcribing dictation, accurately and with reasonable speed, of a variety of materials, including statements, minutes, correspondence, reports, and other material.
- Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, coworkers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
Training and Experience
- One to two (1-2) years video production experience required
Code of Conduct and Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff members are considered leaders and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life.
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.