Temp Adult Ministries Administrative Assistant (South)
Department: Adult Ministries
Provides administrative support to the Adult Ministries Pastors. Assist the team in the growing ministries, including but not limited to: Life Groups, Baptisms, Men’s Ministries, and New Believers. Recruit and lead volunteers and interns to perform daily tasks and prepare for special meetings/events.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible to manage the various methods of Life Group interest including but not limited to: Welcome Home Cards, Find A Group online, weekday inquiries, and trimester Life Group sign-ups.
- Responsible to follow up with Life Group “seekers” and leaders to ensure a quick placement into groups; respond to inquiries, both phone and email, regarding Life Groups; maintain an accurate listing of open groups online; assist new believers in finding a group; update rosters of groups; and prepare weekly reports.
- Assists in the planning of the trimester Life Group sign-ups. This includes: planning the sign-up event for both campuses, coordinating with current and new groups to ensure all groups needing members are listed, recruiting volunteers to help with the event, assisting on the day of sign-ups, recruiting volunteers to contact seekers after sign-ups, following up with group leaders to verify which groups have filled.
- Maintains the Find A Group website by managing openings in each group; adding/removing groups from website when appropriate; following up with group “seekers” to ensure they’ve been contacted; corresponding with leaders to help place people into groups.
- Assists in the planning, set up, and execution of Life Group Interest Meetings for new Life Group leaders.
- Provide administrative support for water baptism, including but not limited to: process baptism certificates, track weekly baptism and report numbers, assist in scheduling volunteers, assist in the planning of periodic mass baptism events, and launder clothes used during baptism
- Provide daily administrative support to the Adult Ministries Pastors including scheduling of appointments and meetings; drafting correspondence; and assisting in special projects/events as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures including: poised phone presence, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, church database, Life Group tracking system, filing, copying, and other office duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing; uses proper English, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Possesses excellent organizational skill and attention to detail.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task.
- Exhibits good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel, co-workers, civic organizations, business professionals, and the general public.
- Promptly performs other related duties as assigned and required with excellence.
Training & Experience
- Two (2) years of secretarial and general clerical experience; OR
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Code of Conduct & Character
James River Church is Pastor-led and staff driven with board oversight. JRC staff are considered leaders and ministers of the gospel and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including:
- Daily devotional time with Lord.
- Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. This includes:
- Communicating and sharing with your spouse.
- Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
Commitment to Ministry
By submitting my application for this position, I confirm I have read and accept the above Job Description/Code of Conduct and believe God has called me to serve in this capacity.